The Fund: The Gatton Annual Fund supports immediate needs that arise throughout the UK Gatton College of Business and Economics. While many other funds are restricted to specific uses such as scholarships, faculty support, and academic departments, the Gatton Annual Fund provides the dean with the flexibility to address targeted and sometimes urgent financial needs.
The Case for Support: As state funding continues to decline, philanthropic gifts from our alumni and friends are a catalyst for a brighter future. The most notable example is our beautiful building, which was expanded and renovated in 2016 with every cent of the funding contributed by our generous alumni, corporate partners, and friends of the college. We are diligently striving to improve our academic pursuit of excellence for our students, alumni, and all our supporters and believers. To achieve our fullest potential, we need your assistance.
The Challenge: This year, the deans of both the UK Gatton College of Business and Economics and the UK College of Engineering have initiated a challenge to one another. They have called upon their alumni bases to competitively respond and show their pride through philanthropic investments to support their respective colleges. The colleges will be competing for the following:
- Most funds raised during One Day for UK
- Most donors supporting the colleges during One Day for UK
The Match: Beyond our challenge with engineering, we’ve also been challenged by our generous alumni and donors to meet these matches
- An anonymous alumnus has generously gifted $70,000 in matching dollars. The $70,000 will match each gift to the College dollar-for-dollar – regardless of designation within the Gatton College.
- Three alumni have come together and generously gifted $50,500 in matching dollars towards all gifts made towards the newly created Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Scholarship in the Gatton College.
- The Gatton College Emerging Leaders Board (ELB) members in the Gatton College have generously come together to provide $20,000 in matching funds to double the impact of gifts made to the Gatton College Annual Fund.
- Dean Simon Sheather has committed to a $1,000 gift to kickstart our efforts for One Day for UK. When we reach 250 donors, he will increase his gift to $2,500 towards our newly created “Diversity, Equity & Inclusion scholarship” in the Gatton College.
We ask Gatton College alumni and friends to show their support through an annual gift of any size. We ask that you be proud, be invested, and be involved in showing the world what “Kentucky Can” do.